Looking for bumble conversation starters? If you’ve been matched with someone you like and want to open the conversation, you’ll need a great opening line. Try out a few of these to get the conversation started between you and your potential soul mate.
My own experience with conversation starters…
Well, here’s the harsh truth… I wasn’t the coolest kid growing up. I had a difficult time connecting with others. I don’t know if it was because I was shy. Or I just didn’t feel like everyone else… Very unclear.
But here’s what did help me… breaking out of my shell a bit. The more I did it, the more I learned about myself and the others around me. Questions like these can help! Trust me!
Here are my best tips before you go asking questions:
- Tailor your questions – Sounds simple… Tailor the question you are going to ask based on the person you are asking it to. Doesn’t matter if it’s a friend, crush, guy, girl, Bumble/Tinder match. Look at who they are.
- Be yourself – Pick a question that matches you. Don’t just choose any question to try and please the other person. Be yourself… This is what works long-term! Why? Well, when they like you, it’ll be for YOU!
1. Do you sing when you drive?
2. What was the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
3. What would you do differently if you were 18 again?
4. How many apartments have you lived in?
5. What do you spend most of your time doing?
6. What are you afraid of the most?
7. You can be a wild animal right now – which one would you be?
8. What do you find particularly gross?
9. Would you rather be extremely intelligent or extremely good with people?
10. What dangerous animal would you like to have as a pet if it were the size of a rabbit?
11. Which movie makes you laugh out loud, even if you watch it alone?
12. Would you rather be less attractive and filthy rich or extremely good-looking but poor?
13. If you could have a video of a situation in your life, which situation would you choose?
14. Is there something you’ve been dreaming of for a long time but haven’t dared to do yet?
15. If you could make any activity an Olympic discipline, which one would you have the best chance of winning a medal in?
16. What would your ultimate dream home look like?
17. What is your favorite meme?
18. What was the most criminal thing you’ve ever done?
19. If you had to recommend an app, what would it be?
20. Suppose you had 100,000 dollars and had to spend it in a week: what would you do?
21. What superstitious things do you do?
22. If you could call yourself for 30 seconds, any time in the past or future, when would you call, and what would you say?
23. Are you a feeling person or a head person?
24. What are some of the qualities about you that you get complimented on the most?
25. Have you ever had trouble with the police?
26. What topic could you give a 30-minute presentation on without any preparation?
27. Is it more important to you to be honest or to be nice?
28. In what situation in your life have you been really lucky?
29. What do you like better, winter or summer?
30. Who was the craziest person you met?
31. Which website do you spend the most time online on?
32. What’s the funniest thing you’ve experienced while partying?
33. Can you describe the best concert or festival you’ve experienced?
34. What story from your youth will you tell your children and grandchildren most often?
35. When was the last time you changed your mind on a topic?
36. What should never be missing from your fridge?
37. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
38. Do you usually show up early or late?
39. What do you personally find is the greatest benefit in a relationship?
40. You are banished to a deserted island and can only take one item with you. Which one would that be?
41. In which fantasy world would you most like to spend a day?
42. What compliment in your life have you enjoyed the most?
43. Who was your first crush or love, and what do you remember about them?
44. When was the last time you made a fool of yourself?
45. What was the funniest thing you’ve ever experienced at school?
46. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
47. If you were king or queen of your own country, what laws would you make?
48. Do you find it easier to love or hate someone?
49. What was the spiciest food you’ve ever eaten?
50. Which fantasy character would you like to have as a roommate?
Related: Hinge conversation starters
1. What is the sweetest, most touching, and most memorable compliment you have ever been given?
2. Are you an amorous nature or touchy with an icy heart that is difficult to melt?
3. Have there been relationships in your life that you still regret ending?
4. What romantic or just pleasant act done for you do you still remember with trepidation?
5. Where would you go with a guy for one day, forgetting about the phone, the Internet, and other means of communication?
6. Are you capable of love at first sight, or do you need to know a little more about a person than his/her appearance?
7. Do you quickly get close to people emotionally?
8. Are you looking for a constant drive in a relationship?
9. If you could fulfill three wishes, what would you make?
10. What items are on your to-do list?
11. If there was an extra hour in the day, what would you do?
12. Can rainy weather ruin your mood?
13. Do you think a relationship can be affected by a horoscope?
14. What are you guided by when making decisions – heart, intuition, or reason?
15. What do you need to relax – quiet rest, gatherings with 2-3 close friends, or a crowded party in a club?
16. What can calm you down?
17. What is your favorite style of clothing?
18. What quality in a person can turn you away from him/her forever?
19. Do you have passions?
20. Which qualities would you like to have in me – and which would you like me not to have?
21. When was the last time you did absolutely nothing for a day?
22. Do you believe in coincidence and/or luck?
23. If you were to write your life story to pass on to future generations of family, what stories would you want to tell them?
24. In what situation have you been really lucky?
25. What memories do you have of raising your children? How did they grow up?
26. What would you like to change in your life?
27. Do you prefer honesty or niceness?
28. What would your perfect room to live in look like?
29. What’s the meaning of life?
30. Would you say that torturing animals is wrong?
31. What’s the weirdest place you’ve ever been to?
32. When was the last time you cried?
33. Who was the craziest person you’ve ever met?
34. What role does money play in your life?
35. What kind of music can you dance to?
36. Which quote inspires you the most?
37. You have 4 hours more time a day – what would you do?
38. What are you giving up for the climate?
39. You can’t fall asleep at night – what are you watching?
40. When was the last time you laughed at yourself?
41. What do you have planned for today?
42. Which book did you read last?
43. What is your absolute favorite TV series?
44. Would you say that you eat healthily?
45. You can choose a stage name – what would it be?
46. What movies and series do you love?
47. What was the last good deed you did?
48. Who is most likely to make your life what it is today?
49. Would you say that you love animals?
50. What three things that are most important to you right now?
Expert advice: Harvard researchers suggest asking basic questions like, “How are you?” Or, “What do you like to do?” won’t be sufficient in creating strong, long-lasting relationships. Instead, try the A.C.T method. Which stands for authenticity, connection, topic/taste. Find mutual ground between the two of you and move past surface-level questions.
Openers for a Guy
1. Do you like to be in nature?
2. Where was your first date?
3. Did you enjoy your first years at school?
4. Have you met anyone online before?
5. What’s your favorite holiday?
6. Have you had unsuccessful acquaintances or embarrassing situations when meeting someone on the internet?
7. What do you value most in a person?
8. Do you have an internet addiction?
9. What are the things you would never do?
10. What relationship do you consider ideal?
11. Are you ready to sacrifice relationships, hobbies, freedom, or anything else for your career?
12. Have you had violent outbursts where you hit a person?
13. How long does it take you to make your dream come true?
14. What activities distract you from bad thoughts and bad moods?
15. What do you like to do when you have free time?
16. Do you believe that dreams can be prophetic?
17. How do you feel about people with bad habits?
18. Would you overcome your fears to reach your goal?
19. Would you skydive?
20. Do you like teaching other people and giving advice?
21. What qualities do you lack?
22. Do you believe in otherworldly forces?
23. Do you communicate with former passions?
24. Do you strive to be like someone else?
25. Do you believe in horoscopes and predictions?
26. What is the ideal vacation for you?
27. Have you ever experienced betrayal?
28. Do you love being a leader?
29. What helps you get ready for work?
30. What is your favorite mode of transportation?
31. Do you love unpredictability?
32. How often is your wardrobe updated?
33. Do you like sweets?
34. What time of year do you prefer?
35. Do you value friendship?
36. What animal do you associate yourself with?
37. What kind of vacation would you prefer: excursions to historical places, idle beach leisure, hanging out with friends at a carbon monoxide party, or a romantic dinner at the best restaurant in the city?
38. Is your soul an open book or an endless labyrinth with a million walls and dead ends? Is it easy for you to share your secrets with people around you?
39. Do you like experiments and/or risks?
40. Do you keep a personal diary or at least a notebook with a minimum set of plans for tomorrow?
41. Are you ready for spontaneous impulses, or does any deviation from the planned plan, on the contrary, cause terrible discomfort?
42. What communication format do you prefer – virtual or in-person?
43. Do you easily share selfies in text messages?
44. Do you prefer thoughtful and organized photo shoots?
45. Would you agree to a blind date? Or is it better to start talking virtually to get to know each other better?
46. What does your ideal date look like? Fun, romance, or adrenaline?
47. What is more important to you – appearance, communication, intelligence, or prospects?
48. Tell me about the most pleasant event that brings a warm smile when you remember it.
49. Do you have a ritual you won’t refuse, even if the apocalypse begins?
50. What situation can throw you off balance in a few seconds?
Related: Topics to talk about
Openers for a Girl
1. What do you pay attention to when first meeting someone?
2. What are you looking forward to right now?
3. If you could have lunch with anyone on earth, who would it be?
4. Tell me the most interesting thing you’ve learned recently.
5. What problem would you like to solve?
6. How do you spend your time?
7. How are you currently improving yourself?
8. What’s the nicest compliment you’ve ever received?
9. Tell me about the most interesting event in your life that happened to you recently.
10. How do you have fun?
11. What are you passionate about?
12. What do you enjoy doing?
13. What idea excites you the most right now?
14. What would you do with your life if you didn’t have to think about money?
15. What do you usually choose in the “Truth or Dare” game?
16. What was the first thing you noticed in me?
17. If you could say only 1 word during our meeting, what would it be?
18. Tell the dumbest joke you secretly laugh at.
19. How do you cheer yourself up when you feel bad?
20. Do you always make plans, neglect them and go where your eyes look?
21. Who is the most important and closest person in your life?
22. What do you think about self-expression with the help of external changes (tattoos, hair coloring in bright colors, piercings)?
23. How do you feel about education, and what can you say about the education system?
24. What’s your favorite season?
25. What qualities in people annoy you the most?
26. Tell me about your ridiculous childhood fear.
27. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
28. What do you like to spend money on?
29. Tell me about your hobbies.
30. Do you have an idol?
31. What personal qualities do you admire, and what annoys you?
32. Where did you last vacation?
33. Favorite cuisine of the world and food preferences?
34. Do you have any talents that have yet to be realized?
35. What do you think is the secret of success?
36. What are you more guided by when making decisions: the call of the heart or rational considerations?
37. What is the most extreme thing you want to do in life?
38. Does your weekend start with a hearty breakfast, or is a cup of coffee enough for you?
39. What household chores do you like doing, and which ones do you not?
40. Do you have a list of wishes you want to fulfill shortly?
41. Do you communicate with your former ex? What kind of relationship do you have?
42. What is your impression of communicating with the girls on this app?
43. How long do you get to know someone by chatting through a dating app?
44. Why look for a soul mate through a dating site?
45. What questions can you ask a man on a dating site?
46. Why were past relationships broken?
47. How often do you admit your mistakes?
48. Are you nervous about small things, or do you take small failures calmly?
49. Are you good at making concessions?
50. Have you shown aggression towards others?
Related: Date ideas
Openers for a Long Conversation:
1. What book are you currently reading?
2. How was your weekend? What did you do?
3. Name the place that you think is the most beautiful in our city.
4. What genres of music do you prefer?
5. How often do you update your wardrobe?
6. What kind of man do you see next to you?
7. Are you a spontaneous or stable person?
8. What song describes your life?
9. Do you like walking around the city at night?
10. What do you despise in people?
11. Do you have friends you’ve known since childhood?
12. What musical artist would you like to see?
13. Can you read other people by gestures?
14. Have you ever done good deeds?
15. Do you like to receive or give gifts?
16. At what age did you realize you were an adult?
17. When making decisions, are you guided by emotions or reason?
18. Which movie have you watched multiple times?
19. In what area would you like to become famous?
20. Which famous person is closer to you in spirit?
21. Have you ever performed in front of an audience?
22. Did you have nicknames as a child?
23. If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
24. Do you like to work in a team or are you a lone fighter?
25. Do you consider yourself a goal-oriented person?
26. What is the most vivid memory you have from your childhood?
27. Who do you mostly spend your free time with?
28. Was there love at first sight in your life? Do you believe in her?
29. What is the most important thing for you in a relationship?
30. What kind of music do you like?
31. Do you like to travel?
32. Is there any justification for “lying for good?”
33. Have you ever confessed your love first?
34. Do you believe in fate: that there are ideal halves destined for each other from above?
35. What would you prefer if you could only choose one of two: to love or to be loved?
36. If you could live anywhere in the world, in any city, which one would you choose?
37. Do you love the sea? Where do you usually spend your holidays/holidays?
38. Which celebrity performance would you like to attend?
39. Is there a movie you never get bored with no matter how many times you watch it?
40. If you were making a movie, what would it be about?
41. How do you usually spend your weekends?
42. Do you have pets at home?
43. What are your most hated household chores?
44. How does it feel to be the most beautiful girl in this city? Yes, in general, on the whole planet?
45. How long can you go without the internet?
46. Do you like to go to clubs?
47. Would you like to be able to read other people’s minds?
48. What is the most unusual gift you have been given, or have you given to someone?
49. Would you like to live on a desert island?
50. What is your favorite season and why?