A reader emailed the other day and said, “Hey Ryan, how do I get my ex to come back?” Well, I told him that sometimes, saying sorry is some of the best medicine to use. If you want example paragraphs to get your ex to want you back—then you’ve come to the right resource.
A study by Science Reports shows that there’s evidence to suggest saying “sorry” promotes forgiveness and communication in a relationship (sounds logical!). My recommendation is to say you’re sorry to the person you want back. And see how it goes.
My experience with this…
It’s really important that you take a look at the relationship you want back. If it’s a narcissistic relationship, there’s a chance that you’re just desiring the person back to create more hurt in your life. This confusion can be misleading. And confused as “love.”
If the two of you had a healthy relationship, then there’s a chance that saying sorry could lead to something really good. Use your own discretion with this. Or seek the help of a licensed therapist to work through your feelings before you take action.
Best paragraphs to use—paragraphs to use to get your ex to want you back!
—Some of the best paragraphs to use to get your ex to want you back!
Paragraphs about missing you
- There is not a single day that I do not miss you. My life has become a void without you. Please save my life from becoming empty. I miss you and want you back in my life.
- The sun has stopped rising and there is no light in my life. The outside world may have sunshine, but there is only darkness in my life. You are my sunshine, you are my life. Without you, I am condemned to live in darkness. I need light in my life, and only you can give it.
- After a breakup, the heart is hurt. Time is supposed to heal a hurt heart. But the hurt in my heart can never be healed. I am scared that my heart will never be able to heal. Only you can heal my heart. Come back to my life, my sweetheart, and allow my heart and life to heal.
- True love left me and turned my life upside down. I have seen many people recover from a broken heart. But I am not able to recover, and the reason is that my love was true. I cannot even think of moving on and forgetting your love. I miss your love and feel incomplete.
- I sincerely want you back in my life. I am not able to go on with life without you. My life has been completely shattered after you left me. I am scared that I will never be able to recover. I need you to make my life complete, don’t make me incomplete.
Related: I’m sorry paragraphs for her
Paragraphs about the loss I have felt—your ex will want you back
- Life was a dream come true with you. Without you, it is a nightmare. I don’t know where life will lead me, and I feel lost. Please help me wake up from this endless nightmare. Let my dreams come true, and I promise you, I will make your dreams come true.
- The day you left me, it was like half my heart was torn away. How can I live with half a heart? I am scared that I won’t be able to survive. If you can give me another chance, then I will correct all my mistakes. I promise I will love you so much that you will never want to leave me again. Help me gain my life back.
- My heart keeps beating with your name. You are not with me physically, but you are in my heart. You will be forever in my heart and I can never replace you with anyone. My life will be barren without you. My life and future are with you. I can never forget you, and I pray you come back to my life.
- The first step to restoring a relationship is to acknowledge mistakes. I am sorry for all that I did to hurt you. Please accept my apology and come back. Let’s mend our relationship and allow it to bloom.
- I have said it before and will say it again. I am sorry for hurting you. Please give me another chance to set things right.
See also: Paragraphs to make your girlfriend cry
Paragraphs to use on a guy (your ex-girlfriend)—ones to use to make your ex want you back!
—More of the best paragraphs to use to get your ex to want you back!
- Every night I remember you. I remember the warmth of your arms and the affection with which you would watch over me until I went to sleep. I remember how you woke me up with a smile and a cup of tea. Those were wonderful times and I always hope the great times could come back.
- They say girls never accept their mistakes, it is not true. I know it was I who hurt you. It was a big mistake walking out on you. I should have been more patient and given you a chance to share your feelings. I know you are deeply hurt and not able to share your pain. Sorry is a small word, but I hope this word can help you deal with the pain.
- Life was heaven on earth, and it took just one day for life to become hell. You left me leaving behind pain and an empty heart. Probably both of us are to blame for all that went wrong. But I know I am to blame because I allowed you to go away. I regret my decision and hope I can turn the clock back.
- I could never imagine that this day has come. A day when you are not there in my life. A day when your reassuring presence is not with me. My friends tell me to move on, and I want to move on. But I know I cannot. If you forgive me for all the things I did to hurt you, it will help to heal me. Maybe then we can move on and see what the future has in store.
Ones for the future of you two—your ex will want you back
- Every night, I look at the stars. They seem to mock at me as they twinkle. They mock because we used to look at the stars together and plan our future. Now I am alone, and they laugh at me for ending up losing you. I regret hurting you and wish to let you know I am deeply sorry for all that happened.
- Our parting was so bitter that probably an apology won’t help. I know I am to blame for all that happened. Had I said sorry that day, maybe this would not have happened! It’s too late to say sorry, but I want to say it. I want to say it to let you know I regret the mistakes I made and the hurt I caused. Can you forgive me?
- I wished I had talked more. By not talking, I made a mistake and ended up losing you. It is a loss I regret and a loss that I cannot cope with. If only we could sit and talk again, we could resolve all our differences. I wish that we could make another attempt to sort things out so we put an end to the bitterness.
Paragraphs to use on a girl (your ex-boyfriend)—paragraphs to use to get your ex to want you back!
—When you need paragraphs to use to get your ex to want you back!
About ones of separation
- We have separated and have been apart. But my love for you can never be separated. How I wish I could go back in times and avoid hurting you. I can’t do that, but I can do something I know you will appreciate, which is to say sorry. I genuinely apologize from the bottom of my heart.
- I know I caused you so much pain. I also know you are upset and hurt. Seriously, there was something wrong with me for causing so much hurt to an angel like you. I deeply regret my mistakes. I know nothing I do can repair the wounds. But if you believe my apology is genuine, then please accept my friendship. We can be friends again.
- I apologized sincerely for all that went wrong between us. It was so gracious of you to accept my apology. I can understand your feelings and your desire to move on. But I am not able to move on, and I feel that there is no need to move on. We should be able to get back together and put things right. How about giving me one more chance?
- The wonderful times we had has created memories that I can never forget. I know my actions have left you upset. But the wonderful memories are such that both of us want to relive them again. Can we make another attempt to relive the wonderful memories? Let’s get back and create good times again.
In order to reconcile—your ex will want you back
- I am like a boat without a sail caught in a storm. You are the sail that gave direction to my life. Without you, I don’t know what to do or where to do it. I have loved you and will continue to love you forever. We may not be together now, but you will be in my heart always.
- Every night when I sleep, I dream of you. I dream of the wonderful times we spent together. I wake up with a smile at the memories and then become despondent, knowing you are not with me. How I wish my dreams would become a reality. If only if you could forgive me, we could make a fresh attempt to get on with life.
- Winter is such a bleak time with snow and the harsh cold. Life has winters where there is coldness everywhere. But every winter comes to an end, and spring brings back blooms on the tree and joy in the air. You left me and made me lose hope in life. But I know that a spring will come to my life and you will be back. Waiting eagerly for the day.
- There is a deep wound in my heart. The wound was caused when you left me. You don’t realize the pain I am suffering and how hurtful the wound I was. I am bleeding every day, and I don’t know when I will heal. You have always cared for me, and know that you can never be harsh with me. If you really care, then help heal the wound in my heart. The day you come back, all my wounds will vanish.
Ones to use to get your crush to want you back—ones to use to make your ex want you back!
—Inspirational paragraphs to use to get your ex to want you back!
Talking about the past
- I never considered myself the best person for you. But I always had nothing but true love for you. I am sure you will never find anyone who loves you as much as I do. Allow true love to dictate your choices. Let’s make another attempt to patch up our relationship.
- The biggest mistake I made in my life was allowing you to leave me. I deeply regret this decision, and it has destroyed my life. Please forgive me for the mistake I committed. I am, after all, human. I have learned a lesson I will never forget.
- You know I never meant to hurt you. It was a mistake and a genuine one. I hope you will be big-hearted enough to forgive my mistake. Allow me to make amends for wronging you. Let’s meet once, and I am sure we can sort things out.
- When I go to sleep, I keep thinking of you and the wonderful times we spent together. Sleep is difficult, knowing I have lost you. When I wake up in the morning, I wake feeling empty, knowing you are not there. I can never stop thinking about you.
- I understand that you have taken your decision after a good thought. I also know you need time to heal. Once you feel better, I am sure you will realize the impact of your decision. I have loved you in the best way possible, and you know it. Please review your decision and come back to my life.
When talking about the future
- I have understood how much I hurt you. You probably think I did it intentionally, but I swear that was never in my mind. It was a big mistake, and I now deeply regret it. I am sorry but messing up my life by hurting the person who mattered the most. Given an opportunity, I am ready to do anything to make you forgive me.
- My life was full of color, and there was certainty about the future. But now, things seem bleak. I am alone in the journey of life, and I am directionless. If you come back with me, my life will have a purpose again. Reconsider your decision—I promise you will not regret it.
- God meant for us to be together, which is why he brought us together. I am a human and made a mistake that led to you going away. I always considered you divine and know you have a forgiving nature. Let us resume our relationship and get back together.
- I cannot express my pain after you left me. Physical pain will heal, but this pain in my heart will never heal. No one can come into my life again to fill the void you created. I know you still care, so give me one more chance to sort things out. Come back and fill the emptiness and make me complete again.
Paragraphs to use when you haven’t heard from them—paragraphs to use to get your ex to want you back!
Letting know how much you miss
- It’s been a long time since we met. You are probably not up to it, but I want to make a genuine attempt to reconnect. I promise not to rake up the past. Let’s have a pleasant dinner together and talk. Let’s relive old memories and have a good time.
- I heard about your achievement at work and feel proud of you. We haven’t met in a long time. Let’s celebrate the occasion. Can we catch up in the evening after work? I am eagerly looking forward to celebrating your success.
- Are you back in town? Since you left, I have been feeling empty and waiting for you to come back. How about meeting again? The same old spot where we used to meet and the same old dinner. I am sure it will be worth it trying to resume from where we broke off.
- I have been thinking of you. We have been good friends in the past. There is no reason we can’t be friends again. Knowing you, I am sure you have no anger. How about making an attempt to be friends again? Do let me know if you would like to see me? Take your time. No pressure.
- I was deleting files from my hard disk and came to the photos folder. All the wonderful trips we went on together are captured in those photos. Of course, there was no question of deleting these special photos. I always remember the special times we had together. How about meeting for coffee and reliving the good times?
Letting know you care—your ex will want you back
- Just met Sam, and he was telling me that you don’t seem to be well. I am seriously concerned. Have you not been taking care of yourself? Can we meet once, just so I am reassured about your well-being?
- I really miss you and your friendship. I miss the non-stop chatter we used to have and the movie nights. You probably want to move on, but I believe there is nothing wrong with resuming our friendship. How about a movie night like the good old times?
- Whenever I open my phone, I see your contact number. You know I saved your number at the top. I messaged you because I keep seeing you in my contacts. You have probably deleted my number, but I can never do it. Can we be friends again?
- I have never felt myself since we broke up. It all happened so suddenly, and then I had to go away. It has been such a long time, and I still cannot forget how it all happened. I have not heard from you since then. Hope everything is well with you. Let’s connect again. Who knows, maybe this time, things will work?
- I can’t believe it is one month since we last spoke. You may probably think I have forgotten you, but I promise you I haven’t. I can never forget you and the wonderful times we have had. Would like to talk to you once. Can we connect on the phone?
Emotional paragraphs to use—paragraphs to use to get your ex to want you back!
Stating your emotions
- I thought I would be a wreck, but I am surprisingly holding up. You know what is holding me up – it is you. I know you are the kindest person in the world and will never have hatred. I am sure you will forgive me and be back. It is this thought that is keeping me strong.
- How I wish I could experience the warmth of your hug. How I wish I could gaze into your eyes and lose myself in your love. I made a huge mistake by allowing you to walk out of my life. I can never forgive myself for making this mistake. How much I miss you is something I can never express. You mean the world to me, and I hope you will forgive me.
- I was angry with you for leaving me. But I now have no anger in my heart. I can try and understand what you feel and what you are feeling. My heart has been purified after the terrible pain it suffered when you left. I am now ready to start with a clean slate. If you give me a chance, I am sure we can rebuild what was lost.
- You are such a unique and special person. The day you left me made me speechless. I should have stopped you, but it was shock that stopped me. I hope you will think about your decision and change it. I know you can never be cold-hearted. Allow my love and memories of the amazing times we spent to melt away your anger.
Hoping for better times—your ex will want you back
- I love you, sweet princess, and I will always love you. Even if you hate me, I will continue to love you. Your happiness matters the most. Let us get back and set things right. Let’s resume our journey of happiness.
- I am sorry I took you for granted. Don’t think I don’t know all that you did for me and the sacrifices you made. It was my mistake that I never acknowledged it. In my heart, I always knew you were the only one for me. I know you have no hatred for me. If you give me a chance, I will do everything possible to set our relationship right again.
- You offered me the warmth of your pure love. But I gave you only cold indifference. I was such a fool not to respond to your love. It is the greatest mistake I made. You know I but human, and to err is human. To forgive is divine, and I firmly believe you are divine. Forgive my sin and give me one more opportunity. I know this time I will never err.
- Things didn’t work well the first time. But there is nothing to stop us from trying again. This time I know where I went wrong. I promise to correct myself. All I ask is for one more chance. Let’s talk once, and I am sure I can tell you how I plan to set things right.
Images to share—ones to use to make your ex want you back!
Inside this article