Personal questions are a great way to get to know someone better. They are slightly prying, yet at the same time, appropriate. They get conversations started and often lead to deeper and more meaningful relationships.
Let’s jump into the best questions to ask!
My experience asking these questions…
I wouldn’t say that growing up, I had the most friends… I wasn’t shy, exactly… I just didn’t know how to connect with others in a way that was going to develop a relationship. Something that would last longer than just a short conversation. I wanted friends, pretty badly…
Learning questions like these certainly helps to expedite the process… They’re fast. It’s not the entire relationship that will be built on them. But it sure does help to get it going!
Here are my BEST tips for using these questions…
- Remember a few that you like – Keep a couple of your favorite questions in mind. Try to remember a few for when the moment strikes you.
- Don’t forget these as a tool – Whenever there’s a dull moment, whether you’re with a spouse or family… pull out a few of these questions.
- Don’t take it too seriously – Especially when it comes to spouses or those you might be romantically interested in. This isn’t a time to start digging! Have fun, make it silly, and don’t take it all too seriously.
Best Personal Questions To Ask
—Best personal questions to ask a girl
1. What, according to you, are the qualities of a great leader?
2. What is the truth about human nature that you believe?
3. How do you like to spend your time?
4. How do you keep track of your work and tasks?
5. What is the best advice that you have received from someone?
6. What is the worst advice that someone has given you?
7. How do you perceive your being in this world?
8. What should your role and responsibility towards this world should be?
9. Are you passionate about what you do, and why?
10. How important is money for you?
11. What is it that makes you the happiest?
12. What surprising fact have you discovered about yourself?
13. What is it that you are afraid of the most?
14. What is the life philosophy that you personally connect with?
15. Who inspires you the most?
16. Who is your idol?
17. What do you think you missed asking your parents before they passed away?
18. How important is education for you?
19. What is the role of knowledge in your life?
20. What have you seen or experienced that you felt was the most beautiful thing for you to witness or feel?
21. Which is the best place you have been to on earth?
22. What are you proud of the most?
23. Do you know where you need to improve in your life and how?
24. How do you manage to strike a balance between your personal and professional life?
25. What, according to you, are the qualities of a great leader?
26. What is it that makes you thankful?
27. What is the life-changing decision that you have had to take?
28. What has impacted you the most?
29. Who is that one person in your life who has inspired you the most?
30. When did you face the biggest challenges in life?
31. How did you overcome the biggest challenges that life has thrown at you?
32. Which were the worst days of your life till now?
33. What makes you sad?
34. What is most important for you to stay happy in your space?
35. How do you like to spend the weekend?
36. How do you enjoy your time with your family?
37. What is your most-watched movie or favorite book?
38. What special or best experience have you had in the last twelve months?
39. What makes you the most satisfied?
40. How are you different from others?
41. How punctual are you?
42. Are you comfortable eating alone in a restaurant?
43. How is your relationship with your boss?
44. Do you think that you are now happy with your current job and will continue here for long?
45. What do you do to uplift your mood on a bad day?
46. With whom do you share the strongest bond in your family?
Expert advice: Research has shown that every question, conversation, and interaction with someone else involves some level of “trust.” This is crucial to remember when you’re meeting new people. It will take time to truly establish a full connection and meaningful relationship with anyone you’re speaking with.
Personal Questions to Ask a Guy
—Personal questions to ask a guy
- What is the motivation for you to work harder?
- If possible, what would you like to change about yourself?
- Whom do you consider your hero?
- What is your idea of enjoyment?
- What really makes you lose your temper?
- What is the best gift that you have ever received?
- What do you like the most about your profession?
- What is the proudest achievement of your family members?
- What hobbies do you have?
- What does your family mean to you?
- What are you afraid of?
- What scares you the most?
- What do you fear losing?
- Do you like surprises or are they not for you/?
- Which game or sport is your favorite?
- What would you want that to be if you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life?
- What do you prefer – Ride a bike, ride on a horse or take a car drive?
- What is your nickname?
- How do you think your friends feel about you?
- What is your proudest and biggest achievement?
- What is your favorite meal?
- Which animal do you like the most?
- Would you dream of winning the lottery or getting your perfect job?
- Will you read, visit a relative or friend or watch a movie on a free evening?
- What are your aspirations in life?
- What are your most watched movies and why?
- Do you believe in religion and spirituality?
- Do you believe in a second chance?
- When did you experience the highest adrenaline rush?
- What have you learned from your past relationships?
- Are you realistic and confrontational?
- What is the quality that you look for in your friends?
- How do you think your life will shape in five years’ time?
- Who or which relationship matters the most to you?
- If you had the chance to travel back in time, which phase or time would you prefer to relive?
- What music do you prefer?
- What is your worst received gift ever?
- Which parent are you close to?
- What’s on the top of your wish list at the moment?
- Do your dreams change, or are they the same for always?
- How will you describe yourself?
- Are you an introvert or are you an extrovert?
- Do you manage your chores, or do you need help?
- Do you always state your opinion clearly, or keep it to yourself?
- When was your last date, and how did it turn out to be?
Related: Random questions to ask
Personal Questions to Ask a Girl
—Personal questions to ask a girl
- When is your birthday?
- What is your dream holiday destination?
- How do you like to celebrate a special day in your life?
- What is your goal in life?
- What traits do you look for in a friend?
- What do you like about yourself?
- What is your favorite pastime activity?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What food do you like the most?
- What type of dress and fashion appeals to you?
- What is your idea of a perfect family?
- Which game or sport do you like?
- How much of a family person are you?
- Who are you closest to among your family members?
- Which childhood meal can make your day?
- Are you dependent on your parents mentally?
- Do you seek your parent’s advice or decide things on your own?
- How do you think you are as a daughter?
- What are your ambitions?
- How career-driven are you?
- What is your dream job?
- How do you handle anger?
- What can make you sad?
- What is that one thing that you hate about yourself?
- What would you like to change about your life if given a chance?
- What is the best thing to gift you?
- Do you like to travel?
- What is your dream travel destination?
- Which kind of places do you like to travel to the most?
- Do you like to travel alone or with family?
- What are your favorite books?
- What movie do you like to watch?
- What music do you like?
- Which is your favorite cuisine?
- Do you like to dine out or prefer home food?
- What are you most passionate about?
- Are you adventurous?
- When do you feel you are at your best self?
- What makes you happiest?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- According to you, who in your family understands you the most?
- Do you regret not taking your talents to the next level?
- Do you think before spending or follow your instincts?
- Which recipes are you confident about when you are cooking yourself?
- Are you driven by heart or your mind?
- Who is the ideal man in your head?
Questions To Ask Someone To Get To Know Them
—Personal questions to ask anyone you know!
- Do you want to get famous, and how?
- What is the definition of a perfect day for you?
- What is the one thing you are always grateful for in your life?
- What do you want your partner to have in common with you?
- Do you often daze about your future?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Which is your most treasured memory?
- What do friendship and friends mean to you?
- If you realize that your close one is sad, will you make an effort to cheer them up?
- How do you fantasize about your love life to be?
- Do love and affection hold importance in your life?
- Are you emotional?
- Do you have a favorite holiday destination?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Do you like to exercise?
- How do you relax?
- What can make you cry?
- What is that one thing that you cannot miss doing in your daily life?
- Whom do you miss the most?
- What are your likes and dislikes?
- What is your idea of a perfect life?
- What job are you looking for?
- What career options do you want to try?
- Are you happy with yourself, or do you feel the need to change certain things?
- Do you have any regrets?
- Which is your most liked season and why?
- Are you addicted to games, and which app do you use the most?
- Do you like cooking your food or prefer ordering in?
- Do you remember phone numbers and addresses?
- With whom do you feel most relaxed?
- What do you do when you feel stressed and tired?
- How do you like to spend an ideal day with your family?
- How close are you to your family?
- What does your family mean to you?
- Do you like to dance or prefer watching others perform?
- How often do you go out for a movie or dine out?
- Do you get bored quickly?
- What is that one quality you look for in your partner?
- What upsets you the most?
- How do you motivate yourself?
- Do you worry about your future?
- When was the last time that you felt you were happy from within?
- Do you share your inner thoughts with people around you?
Fun Questions to Ask
—Personal questions to ask that are fun
- Which board game do you like to play?
- Do you like attending parties?
- Do you still feel embarrassed remembering something from your past?
- What do you choose – intelligence or looks?
- What is the dumbest thing that you have done?
- Which perfume do you like the most?
- Name the weirdest thing that you have eaten.
- Which is your most loved season and why?
- If you had to relocate, which part of the world would you like to live in?
- Can you crack jokes?
- Do you watch sports, or do you even play them?
- What is your most cherished childhood memory?
- Which snack do you enjoy the most?
- Do you take other people’s opinions seriously?
- Have you thought of names for your future baby?
- Which Disney character do you like the most?
- Do you enjoy daydreaming?
- Are you a real food lover, or do you eat to fulfill your hunger?
- Which food can make you forget all your worries?
- Do you love watching horror films?
- Are you afraid of ghosts?
- Which animal do you like to have as a pet?
- What is that one ability that, according to you, everyone must have?
- Which celebrity is your recent crush?
- Do you laugh at your mistakes and flaws?
- Would you prefer mastering one thing or being good in many others?
- Do you like spending time with children?
- Which is your favorite flower?
- Which color do you think brings out the best in you?
- Do you love receiving gifts from your dear ones?
- Which is your most hated household chore and why?
- Do you like to travel often?
- Which dessert can make your day?
- Do you like sharing your food with others?
- Do you believe in aliens and ghosts?
- How do you prefer to spend your time when not working?
- Which celebrity do you think you resemble?
- Are you good at making your plans and decisions?
- Which is a stress buster for you – shopping or a movie?
- What was your last relationship like, and what has it taught you?
Funny Questions to Ask
—Funny personal questions to ask
- Do you have a hidden talent, and can you do it now?
- As a kid, what weird habit did you have?
- What is the strangest thing that you have to spend money on?
- What would you teach a pet parrot to say?
- Is cereal soup?
- If you could add a holiday to the calendar, what would it be?
- Have you lied to take a day off?
- Which book character do you fantasize about living as?
- What will you do if one day you wake up as a celebrity?
- What is the funniest experience that you have had recently?
- Who is the funniest character in your life?
- Do you play pranks on others?
- Do you like it when others play a prank on you?
- You can go without a shower for how many days?
- Have you picked up food from the floor and eaten?
- Which one can you do without – makeup or high heels?
- Which junk food can you eat at any odd hour?
- Did you ever make up stories to get all the attention?
- Thinking about what or whom can make you laugh aloud even when you are alone in the room?
- Do you like watching a comedy or romantic movies?
- Do you like making faces and clicking the picture to see how you look?
- How often do you indulge in self-pampering?
- Did you ever get a weird haircut?
- Have you ever laughed at a Wi-fi name?
- What would you want that to be if you could have a superpower?
- Which superpower character do you think is like you, and which is your partner?
- When was the last time you hid something funny from your family?
- Did you ever experience a failed moment, and when?
- Do you fall often?
- Have you ever spoken with someone else over the phone?
- What is the funniest Halloween costume that you have ever seen?
- Are you fond of receiving false praise or not?
- If you become a millionaire overnight, what will you first change about your present lifestyle?
- Have you danced in the rain?
- At any party, which is the likely corner to look for you?
- Are you addicted to social media?
- Do you like making funny reels and videos and sharing them with friends?
- How important is being funny for you for anybody to become your friend?
- Do you like to crack jokes?
- Do you like to follow funny trends?
- Do you like your name or wish you could change it?
- Do you sometimes willingly ignore someone to avoid an interaction?
- Which fruit can you not stand?
- Do you hide your real age?
Personal Questions to Ask a Girlfriend
—Funny personal questions to ask a girlfriend
1. What are the three essentials without which you do not step out of your house?
2. Do you like quiet gatherings or crowded places?
3. What is the best gift that anybody has ever given you?
4. How important are the relationships for you?
5. What do you think people notices about you?
6. What is your most treasured possession?
7. Do you like to share your secrets?
8. How to know whether you are ok or not?
9. Do your activities reflect your mental state always?
10. What qualities do you look for in a relationship?
11. Is there someone you miss but cannot be vocal about?
12. What is the one thing you have done in the past that still brings a smile to your face?
13. Has anyone ever broken your trust?
14. How easily do you start to trust your relationships?
15. Do you feel you need to change anything about me?
16. Are you vocal about your dislikes when in a relationship?
17. Best friends or love interest – which is more important and trustworthy for you?
18. What is your idea of a perfect date?
19. Do you look forward to meeting me?
20. Who is the biggest influence in your life?
21. What are the things that you love to do?
22. What keeps you awake at night?
23. Are you worried about something in our relationship?
24. Which love song plays in your mind all the time?
25. Do you like to spend time with kids?
26. When do you miss me the most?
27. Have I made you angry about something?
28. Which place do you wish to travel to next?
29. What outfits do you like for a friend’s meet-up?
30. Do you think guys do not cry?
31. When you wake up in the morning, what thoughts occupy you?
32. What does friendship mean to you?
33. What is one quality you know you have and are proud of?
34. Do you like to dance?
35. Can we take dance classes together?
36. Do you like tea or coffee?
37. Which is your favorite ice cream flavor?
38. If you are upset, what can make you feel better?
39. How affectionate is your partner?
40. Do you face any cultural pressure for being a woman?
Personal Questions to Ask a boyfriend
- Do you like sharing your space?
- What kind of relationship do you have with your family?
- What role does your parent play in your life?
- Are you grateful to someone, and why?
- Are you happy with your relationships?
- What have your past relationships changed in you?
- Do you regret letting go of someone?
- How often do you travel?
- Do you like to travel alone?
- Are you organized or you don’t mind being messy?
- Are you addicted to anything?
- Who is your role model?
- How close are you to your mother?
- Are you adventurous?
- What disturbs you the most?
- What is that one quality that can make you fall for a girl?
- Have you ever cheated or been cheated on?
- How important is money to you?
- Are you happy with your present job?
- What food can make your day?
- How often do you eat out?
- How health-conscious are you?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Are you fully committed to your relationships?
- Are you looking for a steady relationship?
- Do you have any phobias?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Do you like to take risks?
- Do you like to spend on yourself?
- How important is destiny for you?
- Which love song describes your relationship status?
- Would you like to change for the love of your life?
- What do you expect from your better half?
- How important are friends in your life?
- Do you prefer to live alone or with your family?
- How responsible are you?
- What is that one quality that can make you change your mind about someone?
- Do you like to go shopping or spend time all by yourself?
- How often do you lie?
- How popular are you among your friends?
- What can make you lose your temper quickly?
- Do you have any regrets?
Expert advice: Funny or witty banter helps people to get to know each other. Yes, you knew this. However, it is backed by real studies. Banter (especially funny chit-chat) can have strong psychological effects on the person you’re communicating with.
Popular Personal Questions to Ask
- Did your past relationship teach you anything special?
- What’s your biggest regret in life?
- What’s a relationship deal breaker?
- What’s the craziest thing to ever happen in your personal life?
- How do you get to know someone on a deeper level?
- How many pillows are on your bed?
- If you go anywhere in the entire world, where would you go?
- Which was your favorite family vacation?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What makes a successful relationship?
- What’s your favorite zoo animal?
- Do you have a best friend?
- Do you like answering deep questions?
Expert advice: Harvard researchers suggest asking basic questions like, “How are you?” Or, “What do you like to do?” won’t be sufficient in creating strong, long-lasting relationships. Instead, try the A.C.T method—which stands for authenticity, connection, topic/taste. Find mutual ground between the two of you and move past surface-level questions.
Inside this article