Jeremy, a good friend of mine—is always really interested in trying to ‘hack the mind.’ He asked me, “Ryan, what are some positive affirmations to use in life?” I thought—well, that’s a great question!
Having a positive mindset in this chaotic world can be challenging. We often end up being harsh on ourselves due to various reasons. In the process, it takes a toll on our mental health and well-being. To be precise, the enemies lie within ourselves.
There would be various reasons for being pessimistic or having a negative mindset. It varies based on the individuals. Fortunately, there is a way to overcome it by having positive affirmations. You may have heard this phrase frequently in recent years. In fact, research has revealed that self-affirmation has become a defense mechanism for many.
Read below to understand the science behind this concept. We’ll also guide you on how to use it before we list a set of daily positive affirmations.
Understanding Positive Affirmations
Positive affirmation is simply phrases or statements to overcome negative thoughts. In short, positive words keep you motivated and boost your confidence. It’s pretty simple, but some might have skepticism over it. How can a positive phrase boost one’s self-esteem?
It’s definitely not magic if you’re thinking of that. There is science behind it. Our brain is an integral organ that is also quite complex. It controls emotion, thought, vision, memory, touch, and more. Now, you understand the gravity that this organ holds in our body.
It’s the mystery of our brains!
Even researchers have yet to determine the brain’s abilities and its limit. However, an article published in Frontiers by a group of experts introduces Neuroplasticity as a general umbrella. It means the brain’s ability to adapt, modify, and change function and structure throughout life, also responding to experience.
Based on the given studies, it only supports the fact that positive affirmations can help build your confidence and eliminate negative thoughts. As per the studies, our brain can adapt, modify or control our thought. In short, you can rewire your brain. It may sound complicated, but it’s very simple, and you can do it at home.
For example, you’re preparing for an interview and have this negative affirmation that you’re not fit or are lacking. This kind of thought further adds stress. But rewiring your mind with positive affirmations like, ‘I am prepared and fit for this job,’ will give you confidence and eliminate uneasiness.
How To Use Positive Affirmations
Now that you have understood the science behind positive affirmation, the next question is how to use it. Luckily, there are various ways to do it. Let’s take a look at some of it:
Writing them down
If you have a knack for writing or are into journaling, this method will be perfect. You can jot down affirmations on sticky notes or cards and place them in prominent places to give you a daily remainder. The phrases should be in the present tense.
Using an App
Thanks to technology, you will find various positive affirmation apps. Install one that meets your requirement and listen daily. You will get to hear or read inspirational affirmations formed by others.
If you’re uncomfortable with people seeing your daily inspirational quotes, visualization will help. For instance, if your happy place is a peaceful and secluded island, imagine yourself there and fill your mind with a positive affirmation. You have control over your mind and the liberty to visualize whatever you like, given it’s positive.
300 Positive Affirmations To Use
Check below the list of positive affirmations for specific areas.
20 Positive Words for Kids
As a parent, you can inculcate positive affirmation to your kids from a tender age. It will help them prepare and face obstacles when they experience one. You can use simple phrases that will be easy for them to remember. Here are some examples:
- I am a kind person.
- I am a helpful person.
- I am strong and brave.
- My parents are proud of me.
- I am generous.
- I am treasured.
- I will do my best in school,
- My friends love me.
- I am talented.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- I can learn anything if I put effort.
- Asking for help is okay.
- I am blessed.
- It’s okay to be imperfect.
- I can cheer myself up when I am sad.
- I have unconditional love from my family.
- I am aware of my shortcomings.
- I am a good listener.
- I respect people older than me.
- It’s okay to cry when I am down.
20 Positive Affirmations For Mothers
Mothers are the backbone of the family, but sometimes they need self-affirmations to carry on with daily life. It isn’t easy, and some everyday positive words will strengthen them. Here is a list of 20 positive affirmations for moms:
- I am not a perfect mother, but it’s okay.
- I can manage complicated tasks and stay calm under pressure.
- It’s okay to learn from my children.
- I am doing an excellent job.
- I have a loving family.
- I am a strong and independent mother.
- My husband is proud of me.
- I am open to constructive criticism.
- I deserve self-care.
- I am aging well, like red wine.
- Every day is exciting and a blessing.
- I will have a good with my children today.
- Being a mother feels empowering.
- It’s okay to take a break from regular chores.
- I deserve to have a fun time with my friends.
- I am loving and will set a good example for my children.
- My life is beautiful and content.
- I am confident and will not compare myself to other mothers.
- My intuition will guide me.
- I have a loving family to hold me when I am weak.
20 Positive Affirmations For Fathers
Fatherhood is a rewarding experience but can be challenging too. We may see our dads as strong figures, but even they feel down, mainly if they handle the responsibility well. Some of the positive affirmations to boost confidence and improve relationships are listed below:
- I can handle challenges that come my way.
- I will set a good example for my kids.
- My wife loves me and will always be there for me.
- I am open to learning new things.
- Fatherhood is molding me to be a better person.
- I am a loving and understanding father.
- I will make time for my children.
- It’s all right to feel overwhelmed sometimes.
- I am not a perfect dad, but I will work on it.
- My kids have faith in me, and that’s all that matters.
- I am a problem solver.
- I will not let negative energy affect me.
- I am lucky to have a wife that loves me unconditionally.
- I am confident and will not compare to other dads.
- I am evolving and growing as a father.
- I learn from my mistakes and will not repeat them.
- Being patient with my children will allow me to know more about their nature.
- I am a great dad.
- I am a good influence on my kids.
- I will spend time with my children during the holidays.
20 Positive Affirmations For Black Women
Women go through a lot in general. But female folks from the marginalized group, such as black women, face more stress and rejection. The only way to shield is by having a strong and positive mindset. Here are some of the self-affirmations to overcome obstacles:
- I am imperfectly perfect.
- I am struggling now for a better tomorrow.
- I possess the quality to withstand any challenges.
- No one can define me.
- It’s just a phase; good times will come too.
- I am comfortable and proud of my skin.
- Beauty is subjective.
- I am designed for a greater purpose.
- I will not let others dictate me.
- I am empathetic, honest, and talented.
- There is a solution to every problem.
- I am my boss.
- I am fearless.
- My parents are my rock.
- I have good friends to share my feelings.
- I strive to work hard to reach my goals.
- It’s okay to have failures in life.
- I will not succumb to rejection but work harder.
- Whatever the problem, I will approach it with a positive mindset.
- I have trust and faith in myself.
20 Positive Affirmations For Work
Work can be stressful and often leave people on edge. A negative mindset will only worsen the mental state and affect work productivity. So, here are 20 positive affirmations to follow to endure stress:
- I am capable and talented.
- I will not let failures affect me.
- I share a good rapport with my colleagues.
- I add value to my team.
- I am knowledgeable and reliable.
- Office gossip doesn’t bother me.
- Constructive criticisms only help me to improve my work.
- I love my work.
- I am friendly and confident.
- I am satisfied and content with my job.
- I can handle multiple with ease.
- I can do better.
- Nothing can stop me from reaching my goals.
- My superior believes in me.
- It’s okay to admit my mistakes.
- I am open to learning from my junior colleagues.
- Stay humble and positive.
- My works pay me well.
- I am appreciated and loved at work.
- It’s okay to take risks.
20 Positive Affirmations For Students
Academic stress is inevitable in a student’s life. However, positive affirmation will help one cope with the pressure. Check out some of the affirmations below:
- Bad grades will not demotivate me, but I will strive to improve next time.
- Stress helps me to be more productive.
- I have understanding and helpful teachers.
- I have supportive friends to help me when in doubt.
- My parents are supportive and have faith in me.
- I have faith in my goals.
- Failures and rejections will not stop me from achieving my goals.
- I am a good student with a sharp mind.
- I have dignity and self-respect.
- My potential is limitless.
- I strive to gain knowledge and learn new things every day.
- I am content with my grades.
- I am in control of my life.
- I am flawed and make mistakes too.
- Nothing is impossible if I work hard.
- I approve and love myself.
- I am blessed and grateful for being able to pursue my desired course.
- I will try to be a better person every day.
- I am courageous and can face failures.
- The process is always greater than the outcome.
See also: Motivational quotes for your boyfriend
20 Body Positive Affirmations
Some people want to lose weight, while others want to gain some. Everyone is going through body issues that can take a mental toll if not controlled. Fortunately, you can rewire your mind with positive affirmations. Take a look at some of them below:
- I accept the way I am and couldn’t be happier.
- I am kind to my body.
- I appreciate my body and will cherish it.
- I feel perfect in my body.
- I am blessed with a healthy body.
- I will maintain and take care of my body.
- My parents love me as I am.
- I have respectful and encouraging friends.
- My immune system is strong and healthy.
- I love my body and will take care of it wholly.
- I listen to the needs of my body.
- I am perfect and fit.
- I respect my body.
- I will cherish my body as long as I exist on this earth.
- Live, laugh, and embrace your body.
- I choose good health over anything.
- My body deserves kindness, love, and care.
- Only I have a say over my body weight.
- It’s okay to have an unconventional body.
- My greatest gift is my body.
20 Positive Affirmations For Teens
The teenage years are a sensitive stage where one is vulnerable to different insecurities. It can be academic issues or social pressures. It can affect one’s mental state; one needs positive affirmations. Check some of them below:
- It’s okay not to be accepted by some people.
- I will stay kind and respectful to others.
- I am beautiful and unique.
- I am my judge.
- I choose to rise even if it hurts me.
- I trust my instinct and will choose my path.
- I am kind to myself.
- Only I have the right to access myself.
- I am a good listener and always lend a shoulder if a friend is in need.
- I respect my teachers, and they are kind to me.
- I am strong and confident.
- I will strive to achieve my goals regardless of trials and tribulations.
- My parents are my biggest cheerleader.
- I will set a good example for my friends and siblings.
- I am going to trust myself today.
- My capabilities are my strength.
- Today, I will do self-care.
- I am comfortable in my skin.
- Trying to fit in will only affect you, not others.
- I will be true to myself.
20 Positive Affirmations For Anxiety
Anxiety arises primarily due to negative thoughts or one having unable to control it. So, fill your mind with self-affirmations when there is a bad vibe or feeling. We have listed some of the positive affirmations that can be helpful:
- I choose to embrace peace and let go of my worries.
- I am confident in my ability to overcome any struggle.
- I am capable of reaching my dreams and goals.
- I have comfort and support from my parents and friends.
- I am getting rid of negative thoughts and filling in with good energy.
- I am in control of my emotions and thoughts.
- I deserve love, success, respect, and happiness.
- Only hope and positivity will take control of me.
- My thoughts are clear, and my mind is calm.
- I am in control of my emotions.
- I am worthy of inner peace and happiness.
- It’s just a phase. It will pass.
- My body and mind are healthy.
- I am proud of myself for taking risks.
- I embrace self-confidence and let go of self-doubts.
- This anxiety attack is temporary and will pass. I am strong.
- I am not the only one suffering from anxiety.
- I have trust in myself and control over my thoughts.
- I am brave.
- Only positive thoughts can outwit negative thoughts.
20 Positive Affirmations For Men
Here is a list of 20 affirmations for men:
- I am capable and intelligent.
- I am confident in myself.
- I trust in my capabilities.
- People love me for who I am.
- I am in control of my mind and thoughts.
- I accept criticism and am ready to work on it.
- I am in control of my emotions.
- Every day I am learning and growing.
- All these struggles will turn to fruition one day.
- My social situations are better and improving.
- I am intelligent, successful, and humble.
- I have a partner that loves me unconditionally.
- I will expand my knowledge and learn more.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I have a supportive family to lean on.
- My self-esteem is improving.
- I am valued at work.
- My peers respect me, and I appreciate them.
- I enjoy what I do.
- I take care of my mind and body.
20 Positive Affirmations For Women
Check 20 positive affirmations below for women:
- I am worth it.
- I will treat myself with respect, love, and kindness.
- I will love my body and treat it gently.
- With a positive outlook, I will overcome obstacles.
- Today I decided to commit to a positive and healthy life.
- I am grateful for this beautiful life.
- I am comfortable and confident in my skin.
- I will set a good example for my peers.
- I embrace my physical body and appearance as it is.
- My parents and siblings are always here for me.
- My existence is a gift to the world.
- From today, I have eliminated all the negative energy in me.
- I am proud of what I have accomplished.
- I will keep learning till I grow old.
- Only good energy from now on.
- I will pursue my dream despite the highs and lows.
- I am an attractive woman.
- I am open to love and be loved.
- I will not be harsh on myself and others.
- I can’t be destroyed.
See also: Powerful affirmations for women
20 Positive Affirmations For Depression
Read below 20 affirmations for depression:
- I choose to be happy.
- I am loved and wanted.
- I am in control of my life and thoughts.
- No failures will define me. I will work harder.
- I will only allow healthy relationships from today.
- I am separated from my depression.
- Only happy and cheerful thoughts from now on.
- I am a complete package.
- I accept challenges as it will only open the door to opportunities.
- I am confident and resilient.
- I am appreciated for my hard work.
- I am renewed and full of energy.
- I deserved to be acknowledged.
- Perseverance is my strength.
- I will not allow toxic people to control me.
- I will invest in myself.
- No more depression, only good vibes.
- I have come to a mutual understanding with my brain.
- I am cherished.
- I overcame my weaknesses.
Related: Words of affirmation for him
20 Positive Affirmation For Short Ones To Use
Here is a list of short affirmations that you can use:
- I am a positive person.
- I am appreciated.
- I am a new person.
- I am filled with positive energy.
- I am motivated and focused.
- I will survive.
- I am good enough.
- I decide to choose my life choices.
- I am worthy of prosperity and success.
- My existence makes the world better.
- I will thrive.
- I am fortunate to be alive.
- I am permitted to root for myself.
- I am equally worthy as anyone.
- I exude good energy.
- My life is getting better.
- It’s okay to be not okay.
- I am helpful to my peers.
- I am glowing like sunshine.
- I will keep going forward.
20 Positive Affirmations For Motivational Ones
Here is a list of affirmations to motivate you:
- I give space to myself to learn and grow as there is room for growth.
- I am blessed with supportive friends and family.
- I have come to accept life as it is.
- I have a fire inside me that will help me achieve my goals.
- I let go of the past, embracing the present and looking forward to the future.
- No one said life was easy, so I decided to give it a chance.
- I have full of ideas that can benefit me and others.
- I am confident that I am designed for the greater good.
- I am receptive to new things.
- I find happiness in the mundane.
- I am adaptable and resourceful.
- I am determined to achieve my goals.
- I am where I am supposed to be and don’t have to prove to anyone.
- My mind is calm and peaceful amid conflict and chaos.
- I uplift my close ones with my actions and words.
- I forgive others and myself.
- Challenges are a blessing disguised as opportunities.
- I am determined to push my limitations.
- I trust and pay heed to myself.
- Every day is a good day.
20 Positive Affirmations For Self-Esteem Building
Here is a list of affirmations to build your self-esteem:
- I know my strength.
- I can inspire people.
- I am open to new challenges.
- I have finally decided to come out of my comfort zone.
- I am slowly releasing my inhibitions.
- I will pursue my dreams without fear.
- I will determine my life choices from now on.
- I am not caged to my past anymore.
- I am oozing with confidence.
- I am slowly opening up to my close ones.
- All that is good should be cherished by me too.
- I have found my worth.
- No history will control me.
- I strive to do things that will benefit me.
- I am my architect.
- I have accepted both my flaws and acknowledged my strength.
- I am letting go of my insecurities.
- I am on a life journey to grow and develop.
- I am consistent.
- I let go of negative thoughts that have bound me.
8 Positive Affirmations To Build Confidence
Check below the list of affirmations to build confidence:
- I am prepared to face challenges.
- I have the qualities to achieve my goals.
- I am becoming a better version of myself every day.
- Every day I look forward to learning new things.
- Nothing can stop me now.
- I believe in me.
- I am ambitious and ready to face anything.
- I am a free soul with positive energy.