Sometimes, we all need a little more discussion at the dinner table. These table talk questions can help to get conversations flowing. These are perfect conversation starters for couples, kids, families, and all types of people.
Ready? Let’s jump in!
My experience with these questions…
So here’s the thing. I would always be wanting to cut through the silence at the dinner table… Or when we had a night out. In particular, it was with family or with kids.
I started to look into conversation starters and icebreakers. And I would like to think that I became quite the expert on it. Although, I want to ask unique questions to those around me.
I mean, who really wants to hear a question that sounds like a job interview? NOT me!
I made these and I hope that you like them. Give them a shot the next time you hear unbreakable silence.
Christmas questions for the dinner table
- What are you most excited about when it comes to Christmas?
- What did you ask Santa for this year?
- What’s your earliest memory of Christmas?
- Is there anything we do as a family that you enjoy during the holiday season?
- What’s the best toy that came out this year for children?
- Did you write Santa a letter this year?
- What type of milk and cookies should we put out for Santa this year?
- Is there any special event that you really enjoy doing during the holidays?
- Who would be your first guest to invite to the Christmas party?
- If you knew that the Earth tomorrow wasn’t going to exist, what would you do today?
- Who is the funniest person that you know?
- What’s a weird fashion trend that you got on board with?
- Where would it be if you could spend the rest of your life anywhere in the world?
- What would be your entrance theme song if you were a pro wrestler?
- What keeps you up at night?
- What is the meaning of life?
- What is the meaning of having a family?
- Do you want to have a family when you get older?
- What type of person do you want to partner with, and what do you hope they are like?
- Where should we go on our next family vacation?
- What was one family vacation that you really appreciated?
- Is there any special memory you have of us as a whole family?
- Is there any type of feedback that you would give us as a family?
- Do your friends describe our family as a good family? What do they think of us?
- How should parents better connect with their children?
- What are some ways that adults can build better values for their children?
- What types of things should we do on the weekends to stay a wholesome family?
- What TV show do you wish you could live in, and why would you want to live in it?
- Who really inspires you to be a better person?
- Is there anyone in your life that is a positive influence?
- Is there anyone in your life that is a negative influence?
- How do you handle bullies at school or in the community?
- Is there anything that we don’t do as a family that you wish we could or would do?
- Is it important to care about how people think of you?
- What is the purpose of self-image? Is it important?
- What’s more important, looks or values and morals?
- How do people become successful in today’s society?
- What is the meaning of success to you?
- In the next ten years, what do you want your family and life to look like?
Questions for couples
- How can we improve our communication skills?
- What should we do this weekend?
- Do you want to go sing karaoke this weekend with friends?
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
- Assume you were on a deserted island, what would you need to bring with you?
- Would you rather we improved our communication skills or improved our intimacy?
- When’s the last time you heard a positive compliment about us as a couple?
- If we could have dinner with any two famous people, who would it be and why?
- When is the moment that you knew you were in interested in me?
- In the next five years, what do you want our relationship to look like?
- Is there any part of our relationship that you wish you could change?
- If you could change anything about me, what would you want to change?
Questions for Christians
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
- What’s your favorite song to listen to?
- What’s your favorite movie character?
- Suppose you had a million dollars, what would you do with your money and why?
- Which famous people do you think are positive influence on the world?
- What’s your favorite smell in the entire world?
- Assume you could design a fictional world to live in, what would be in it and why?
- Who is your worst enemy right now?
- Assume you had to eat dinner with either your worst enemy or your parents, which would would you pick?
- Who is a person you always have late night talk with?
- Which cartoon character would you be and why?
- What’s your favorite thing about living at home with your parents?
- What’s your least favorite thing about living with your parents?
- Who is your best friend?
- What other planets do you wish you could go and visit?
- Who do you wish you could look like and why do you want to look like them?
- What’s one value or moral that you have which others don’t seem to share?
- Are you concerned with the way the future is going to look?
- What’s the first thing that you would do when you landed on a space station?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could keep only three personal items for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What’s your favorite food toe at and why?
- If aliens landed on Earth, what do you think they would want to know about us?
- What’s your parents worst style choice they’ve ever made?
- What does your perfect day look like to you?
- If you could eat only one meal the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- How would you describe our family to the rest of your friends?
- When was the last time that you received really good advice from someone?
- Assume you could be any animal, what would it be?