Did you know that National Siblings Day is usually on April 10th? Maybe you’re preparing for this. Or maybe you’re just wanting to hang out with your sibling! Around 82% of children under the age of 18 in the United States have/live with at least ONE sibling (according to research found here). So when my friend James asked me, “Ryan, what are fun things to do with your sister?” Well, I had to think of something!
Spending quality time with someone can really go a long way. Even though you aren’t couples, using the love languages methodology you can still approach things in a way that makes others feel special.
Remember, when you’re building a connection with someone—it’s about them, not about you! So if you have an idea for things to do—always ask them. Try to involve them in the decision. And decide together!
60 Fantastic and Fun Things To Do With Your Sister
—Things to do with your sister!
Things to do with your sister at home
- Build a fort!
- Buy coloring books (not for children) and try that.
- Do some finger painting!
- Try out crocheting.
- Cook a meal for the two of you.
- Do an online class for making cocktails.
- Watch a movie together.
- Try calling a family member you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Write letters to people you care about.
- Pick a charity to donate to.
- Listen to your favorite songs.
- Create a playlist together.
To do with at night
- Go for a walk around the block.
- Ask each other questions to get to know each other better.
- Try to play the 21 questions game.
- Play a board game.
- Go into the fridge and try to make something different.
- Write a bucket list for the two of you.
- Make plans for your winter/summer together.
- Set intentions and goals.
- Pray together.
- Rent a movie on Amazon Prime.
For when you’re both bored
- Try gardening and planting a new plant!
- Do some laundry or help each other with some chores.
- Work out together.
- Do some yoga from an online class or YouTube video.
- Pick a new hobby and try to learn it, together.
- Visit a book store and purchase a new book.
- Write cards to people that you care about.
- Try on different outfits and see which ones you like the best.
- Learn how to sing, together.
- Try out a different bottle of wine you wouldn’t have tried.
Activities to do inside
- Read magazines together.
- Sit and read a new book together.
- Listen to a podcast you wouldn’t have otherwise listened to.
- Listen to an audiobook together.
- Try doing a really hard puzzle, together.
- Check out YouTube and see if you find people you resonate with.
- Order something random off of Uber Eats or DoorDash.
- Ask each other about what went well in your week—think 3 positive things.
- Give each other massages.
- Play games that you make up with each other.
Related: Fun things to do with your friends
To do with your sister when it’s her birthday
- Take her out to dinner.
- Go on a picnic.
- Go bike riding if it’s nice outside.
- Take her on a wine tour.
- Go visit antique shops and see what she likes.
- Explore a new nearby town and see what it has to offer.
- Try to do a watercolor painting project.
- Clean each other’s homes.
- Do 3 kind acts for her that she chooses.
- Celebrate by throwing a surprise party with her and your parents.
See also: Things to do with your girlfriend
When you’re both home alone
- Watch a scary movie
- Read a scary book.
- Go outside with only a flashlight and play ghost in the graveyard.
- Listen to poetry readings on YouTube.
- Try out new perfumes on each other.
- Write in a journal together.
- Give each other 3 heartfelt compliments.
- Write a list of things you want to do for each other over the next year.
- Join a charity event online.
- Listen to a YouTube channel that teaches you how to meal prep.
Related: Things to do on a Sunday
Inside this article