Looking for truth or dare questions? The truth or dare game is a classic party game of embarrassment. Groups of people gather to ask one another “truth or dare?” The person picks either truth or dare. And if they pick truth, they must answer a question prompted by the “game head” honestly. Or if they pick dare, they must complete an embarrassing task.
Ask the following truth or dare questions to have a fun evening with friends.
My experience with truth or dare…
I may have played the game once or twice growing up… 😉
Okay, so I played a lot! It was fun… When there was a party, we would get people together and think of really fun questions to ask each other. Or crazy dares that we wanted to do!
It was what defined my youth… And turned me into the person that I am today. What I’m trying to say is that this was very healthy! It was a healthy activity.
And I hope you have the same experience that I did with these game questions!
How to Play Truth or Dare
To play truth or dare, gather a group of friends in a small circle. The “game head” is the person who prompts the person with the truth or dares questions. As the game head, ask the person to your right, “truth or dare?” The person to your right must pick either truth or dare. In truth or dare, a “game head” can be referred to as the dare-master. This is the person who is asking the dare of the group or of a person.
During gameplay, if the player to your right chooses truth, then ask them a truth question. And if the player chooses dare, then present them with an embarrassing task to complete.
An example truth question would be, “What’s one thing you’ve done that you’ve never told anyone?” And an example dare would be, “Walk on your hands and knees and bark like a dog.” Once the dare or the truth is completed, another player gets prompted by the player who completed the challenge.
Completing the round
The round is complete once everyone in the room has received the truth or dare prompt.
Players cannot “skip” to another player. They must complete the truth or dare questions. And if a player decides they don’t want to answer the question, they must complete a dare. And another player will get to choose one of their own truth questions or dares.
The best truth or dare questions are those that bring up intimate, personal facts. And embarrass the player in front of the group. Remember, each player is going to get embarrassed.
Players may decide that playing truth or dare isn’t exciting enough. Players can choose to play “romantic” truth or dare. Where inappropriate questions and dares are prompted. Truth questions during this gameplay include embarrassing and s#xy questions.
Breaking the rules
Traditionally, truth or dare doesn’t have any rules. Players are encouraged to play with honesty. And if the player doesn’t feel comfortable answering the truth question that was asked to them, they should pick dare. Or if playing a point system, try to tally how many players chose truth and how many players chose dare.
At the end of the game, the player with the most amount of truths can win. Or the player with the most amount of dares can win. The choice is up to the group!
How to Choose Truth or Dare Questions
Before playing, print the truth questions and dare questions included below. Review the entire list with the group you’re playing with. Ask each player if they are okay with the questions. It’s important that each player feels comfortable. Or else there’s a risk of players wanting to “skip” their turn. And when players desire to “skip” their turn it can ruin the chemistry of the game.
Review the printed list and cross off questions that the players don’t feel comfortable with. Have at least 20-50 questions to choose from before starting the game. The game of truth or dare is a classic party game that can bring joy, conversation, and fun. But only if players are comfortable.
To play romantic truth or dare. Pick the inappropriate truth questions or dares from the list below.
For Friends or a Crush
All truth questions are prompted by saying “truth or dare.” And then allowing the game player to get asked to pick either a truth or a dare. And if the player chooses truth, then ask the player one of the following truth prompts. The player must answer openly and honestly. Pick the genre of truth questions the players feel most comfortable with.
Truths for Couples
- What’s one part of your body that’s never been touched?
- What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
- Have you ever kissed the opposite s#x?
- Tell the group one thing you hope your parents never find out.
- Who was the last person you kissed?
- Who was the last person you had a crush on?
- What’s the last thing you posted on social media that was embarrassing?
- What is the most embarrassing thing in your room?
- What’s the most romantic encounter you’ve ever had?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Who would you like to kiss in this room?
- When was the last time you picked your nose?
- Who would you marry in this room?
- Have you ever farted in public?
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever lied about?
- Would you rather eat a raw egg or raw steak?
- Who are two people you admire?
- Have you ever had a bathroom accident in public?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the worst thing anyone’s ever done to you?
- Tell the group the stupidest thing you’ve ever done.
- Ever done. Ever done.
- When has someone lied to you?
- When has someone let you down?
- If you were a fictional character in a movie, which would you choose?
- When’s the last time you p#ed your pants?
- If you could fly, what’s the first thing you would do?
- Have you ever started a rumor about someone else?
- What’s something that your friends would never expect you to do?
- Who is the person you would most like to meet?
- Have you ever lied to get out of doing chores?
- Have you ever lied to get out of going on a bad date?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- Tell the group about your biggest regret.
- What is your biggest fear in life?
- When was your first kiss?
- Who was your first kiss?
- Have you ever cheated on someone?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve done with a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- Tell us the most disgusting habit that you have.
- What’s your biggest fantasy?
- Did you break up with your last boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What does your orgasm face look like?
- Who would like to kiss in this room?
- What’s your most embarrassing vomit story?
- What’s your most awkward romantic encounter?
- Have you ever had s#x with the same gender?
- Have you ever had group s#x?
- What’s one thing about the opposite s#x that you like?
- Who is one person in this room you’d have s#x with?
- Have you ever cheated on a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What’s one thing your spouse doesn’t know about you?
- Have you ever had s#x over text message?
- Have you ever filmed yourself having s#x?
- What’s the last romantic picture you took?
- What’s the last romantic fantasy you had?
- Tell us one embarrassing thing you’ve done in the bedroom.
- What is one embarrassing thing you like in the bedroom?
- What’s the strangest dream you’ve had about a guy or a girl?
- Have you ever p#ed on your boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Have you ever m#de out in your parent’s room?
- Who here would you most like to m#ke out with?
Amazing truth or dare questions for teenagers to play with.
Truths for Teens (boy or girl)
- Who is one teacher you have a crush on?
- What is the worst lie you ever told your friend?
- Have you ever drank alcohol?
- Have you ever smoked a cigarette?
- When was the last time you ditched class?
- What’s the worst excuse you gave for getting out of homework?
- Who would you date in our high school?
- Who would you date in our middle school?
- What’s one thing you’ve never told your parents?
- When was the last time you cried about a breakup?
- What’s one thing you would stand in line for overnight?
- What’s one thing you would never do if someone offered you $50,000?
- On a date, have you ever farted?
- On a date, have you ever spilled on yourself?
- What’s the worst trick you’ve ever played on someone?
- What’s the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
- Have you ever pretended to like a gift you hated?
- What’s your crush’s personality like?
- If you had to cut off one toe, which one would it be?
- What’s one thing you love about yourself?
- What’s one thing you hate about yourself?
- Say we didn’t have a dress code. What would you wear to school?
- What are some of the things you’d never share with your parents?
Dares for Teens
- Take off your shirt and run around the house.
- Serenade the person on your left with a fake song.
- Let a person in this room write on your face with a permanent marker.
- Tell us the weirdest thing you’ve done in the bathroom.
- For the next 5 minutes, do jumping jacks.
- Do 50 push-ups.
- Give someone your phone and let them text anyone they want.
- Give someone your phone and let them send a picture to anyone they want.
- Allow someone in this room to make a prank call with your phone.
- Tell the group your biggest fear.
- Pick someone in the group and let them touch you with their eyes closed.
- Chew on toilet paper for a full minute.
- Allow someone in this group to take wet toilet paper and wrap you up.
- Imitate a celebrity every time you speak.
- Depict a human life through dance.
- Stick your arm into the garbage can.
- Allow someone in this room to look through your phone.
- Bark like a dog.
- Like the first 15 photographs on Instagram.
- Name a celebrity that each person looks like.
Truth or Dare For Couples
Dare prompts are when the player has picked “dare” instead of truth. The player who receives the dare must act on the dare without reservation. No player can skip a dare unless they have health risks or risk of injury. It’s possible to customize dares. Use the list below as a guideline for coming up with other dares.
The dare-master can come up with their own dares if they prefer. It’s advised to check with the group in advance. Remember, when a player decides to “skip” a dare, it can cause the game to lose its appeal.
Dares for Couples
- Pretend to be the person to your right for 2 minutes.
- Let the group read your text messages.
- Let someone in the group read your social media messages.
- Try to lick part of your body.
- Allow another player to flick your ear or hand.
- Let the group choose a song and do karaoke to it.
- Make a hat out of paper and wear it for the rest of the game.
- When someone says the word “dog,” bark for the rest of the game.
- Choose a person in this room and serenade the person with a song.
- Get a permanent marker and let any player write what they want.
- Try to chew ten ice cubes at once.
- Try to hold ice cubes for at least one minute.
- Give a hug to the person on your left.
- Try to make the group laugh as quickly as possible.
- Do the worm dance.
- Attempt a magic trick.
- Break two eggs over your head.
- Tell the saddest story you can think of.
- Show the oldest selfie you have on your phone.
- Let someone else read a text message to your friend.
- Eat a raw egg.
- What was the greatest day of your s#x life?
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without brushing your teeth?
- Which sandwich would you have s#x with?
- Tell us one of the things that is a “turn-on” for you. Something no one knows. The romantic turn-ons.
- Tell the group what stuff you and your best friend do that’s weird.
- Open a jar with only your mouth.
- Show us the most embarrassing picture of yourself (an extremely unflattering picture).
- What’s your worst habit in bed?
- What was your most recent romantic encounter?
- Who is the s#xiest person in this room?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve in the bedroom?
- What was the most embarrassing nickname a romantic encounter gave you?
- Imitate your significant other.
- Let your significant other give you a new hairstyle.
- Take a shower with your clothes on.
- Reveal one s#xy part of your body.
- Act like a dog for one minute.
- Act like an animal whenever someone points to you.
- Pretend to be your significant other’s hands.
- Tell us one embarrassing story about your partner.
- Tell us the biggest lie you’ve told your partner.
- For a full minute, m#ke out with your partner.
- Choose someone in this room and touch their butt.
- Choose someone in this room and let them touch your butt.
- Let someone make you a drink and chug it.
- Let someone in this room draw on your face with a pen.
- Tell one person in this room you’re in love with them.
- Profess your love for your boyfriend/girlfriend on social media.
- Do a prank call on one of your family members.
- Dance for one minute without any music on.
- Only talk to one person in this room for the rest of the game.
- For one minute, m#ke out with someone in this room.
- For one minute, let someone in this room touch your butt.
- Pick someone in this room and, for one minute, hug each other.
- Pretend to be a celebrity crush with one person in the room.
- Pick one guy or girl in the room and give them a massage.
- Allow someone in this room to give you a wedgie.
- Let another person post a status on your behalf.
- Say something romantic to the person on your left.
- Give the person on your right a foot massage.
- Allow another player to throw flour in your face.
- Allow another player to lick your face.
- Put your finger in another player’s mouth.
- Flash the group.
- Explain the situation with the last person you slept with.
- Kiss someone of the group’s choosing.
Funny Ones (Silly Truth or Dare Questions)
Freaky and funny truth or dare questions to play with.
- Tell us what you would do if you had all the money in the world and lost it the next day.
- How would you live your life if you were a nudist?
- Would you want to live in this world if there was no toilet paper?
- Who would you want to spend the rest of your life with in a box?
- Pretend you’re a cat and have a hairball stuck in your throat.
- Do a scene where you are a dog and you found another dog that you’re interested in.
- Assume that you are in Africa and are a lion for 2-minutes.
- Make a speech to yourself in the mirror.
- Pretend that you are in need of a pep talk before the big game, give the speech to yourself.
- Act out being the CEO of a major corporation for three minutes.
Truth or Dare Q’s For Over Text
Truth or dare questions to play over text message.
- How many selfies have you taken this past week?
- Did you fart today?
- Have you ever run out of toilet paper and had to use something from your house?
- Did you ever drop your gum on the ground, pick it up, and start chewing it again?
- Have you ever tried to eat old food out of the refrigerator?
- Have you ever sent someone a picture that was photoshopped?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment at school?
- Who is the most surprising person that kissed you?
- What’s one useless skill that you think is really cool?
- If you were on a deserted island, what’s one thing that you would bring with you?
- How many gossip blogs do you follow?
- Take the most embarrassing photo you can think of and send it to me.
- If you have wood floors, slide across them with socks on and videotape it for me.
- Drink hot sauce straight from the bottle.
- Try to stand on just your toes.
- Take a photo of your underwear closet.
- Mess up your sock drawer and mismatch the socks.
Truth or Dare Q’s For a Boyfriend
Questions you can ask your boyfriend when playing truth or dare.
- Who was the last girl that you kissed?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- When was the first TikTok dance that you ever tried?
- Tell me about the worst date you ever went on.
- If you were attracted to the same or opposite sex, who would you want to marry and want?
- What’s your most embarrassing grooming habit?
- When was your most physically painful experience in life?
- Tell use the most offensive joke that you know.
- When was the last time that you knew you had broken someone’s heart?
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
- Who was the worst kiss from your past?
- Play air guitar to any Aerosmith song and record it on your phone.
- Sing happy birthday in the worst voice you can think of.
- Go outside in the cold in only flip flops.
- Try to do a stand up comedy act for us right now.
- Pull up your crush on social and DM them that you’re interested.
- Try to go yoga without laughing.
- Make a funny story right now.
- Describe your most attractive quality that isn’t real.
Spicy truth or dare questions that are sure to get the conversations started.
- Who was the youngest age partner that you’ve ever had?
- What’s one silly thing that you have to do before bed?
- What’s your biggest insecurity in life?
- Where’s the weirdest place that you’ve ever made out with someone?
- If you had to have the sex scene inside your favorite movie, which movie would it be and why?
- Suppose you had a million dollars and could buy anything in the world, what would you want to buy?
- When was your last one night stand?
- Who was the first person that you ever hooked up with?
- What’s your most embarrassing late night purchase?
- How many Instagram stories do you look at each day?
- What’s your weirdest late night guilty pleasure?
- Who is one famous person that you find attractive who no one else does?
- If you had three wishes but they had to be sexual, what would they be?
- Make out with your hand and pretend it’s real.
- Make out with an imaginary friend that we determine for you.
- Pretend you’re on a phone call with the IRS and do a funny skit.
- Pretend that you have two personalities and have them talk to each other in a funny way.
- Have one person draw you in a nude pose.
- Describe the weirdest dream that you’ve never actually had.
- Switch clothes with the person next to you.
- Pretend you have an imaginary pole and do a little strip tease for us right now.
- Hop on one foot and try to sing the national anthem.
- Pretend you’re trying to tell your biggest mistake in life to your mom and it’s awkward.
- Send a text message to your secret crush.
Truth or Dare Questions for Kids
Questions for kids to ask when playing truth or dare (clean and appropriate questions).
- What’s the last lie that you told your parents?
- Have you ever been at the grocery store and started talking to the wrong person?
- How many pairs of sneakers do you own?
- What was on your crush’s Instagram story?
- What’s the first word that you learned as a kid?
- What’s the grossest thing that you do when no one is looking?
- How many stuffed animals do you have?
- Go into the fridge and drink mustard.
- Go into the fridge and drink ketchup.
- In your pantry, find three foods that don’t match and eat them at the same time.
- Try to pick your nose with your thumb.
- Attempt to fart on command, right now.
- Pick the inside of your ear and eat the wax.
- Go smell your dogs butt.
- Go smell your cats butt.
- Attempt to pluck out one of your eye lashes.
- Show us the craziest thing that you can do.
- Try to jump as high as you can and make a fake fart sound.
Related: More dares for kids.
Truth or Dare Game Play Tips
Before playing, survey the group. Players who aren’t feeling enthusiastic about the opportunity won’t be as much fun to play with. And before asking questions, consider everyone’s history and their relationship to questions. For example, if someone was cheated on. And they are feeling heartbroken. Then it would be best to skip questions related to cheating.
Keep the game casual and fun. Make sure to consider everyone’s feelings. Don’t make fun of players who completed dares incorrectly. Or are feeling unenthusiastic.
Unique Ways to Play Truth or dare
The game can be played in several ways. The classic game is played amongst a group of friends. Each game-head asks the person to the right to pick either truth or dare. Upon the player picking the prompt, they must complete it. And then, the rotation continues with the group. With the next player receiving the role of game-head.
A unique way to play this game is to have each player receive the same truth. And then, each player must pick their own dare. The players should sit in a circle. And from the list of truths chosen from the beginning of the game, the players must answer the question. Once all players have answered the question, they will pick a dare. That player must complete the dare. And the next round starts with the next question.
Another way to play this game is to play it as a couple. Couples who decide to play this game can play against each other. When two couples are present, couples can play against one another. But no questions or dares can be said to the other person’s spouse. This is a two-on-two style play. The fun of this format is that one couple learns more about the other. There are no winners in this format of play.
Free PDF: Get the full PDF of this resource right here.
Board reviewed by Marianne Tomlinson, LCSW (Couples and Family Therapy). Content is rigorously reviewed by a team of qualified and experienced fact checkers. Learn more.